Let me start of the day by sharing with you tips to save money for your big day! I personally have used most of them on my wedding day and picked up few tips from our friends.
- Have a checklist with your budget on it. You can find a lot of downloadable wedding checklists online. Focus on what’s important for you in the wedding.
- Analyse your guest list, Keep the numbers down and omit co-workers, distant relatives or friends.
- Choose a location where the wedding ceremony and reception are not far off from each other or if both could be held in the same place e.g. churches that have marriage halls, hotels & resorts etc. This will help you save on transportation and would help to coordinate everything easily during the wedding.
- If you are confident in doing your own makeup like me, you can save a lot by not hiring a makeup artist, if it is few techniques you need practise with, Mac has classes almost all weekends and freelance makeup artists also have classes. You can use that money to invest in good brands of makeup and be confident to do your own touch up or different makeup looks.
- Rope in your friends and close ones who can help you with decor, Music, MC, giveaways, photography etc.
- There’s a old saying, which my mom in law reminded me to wear on my wedding day – “Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue”
You could wear your moms or grandmas diamond earrings or tiara which is a great money saving tip and brings a strong meaning to your big day!!
- December is usually peak season for weddings, avoid peak season months to get better rates while booking hotels & Venues.
- Use your home printer for printing stationery like mass books, banners or favours.
- Renting your gown, can help you save and pay for your makeup artist, florist or photographer etc.
- You found the perfect dress and decided to buy it; Resell your dress after the wedding on olx or quickr and bring a smile to another brides face.
- Hiring a professional photographer can look expensive, however, if you can be clear about the intimate and candid pictures you have in mind, it can help you save a lot and meanwhile you can rope in amateur photographers for the reception and pictures with relatives ( do check out their work first ☺)
- We had found the guys who sang at our wedding, while we were having dinner at a fine dining place. They played lovely music and worked out much cheaper compared to a professional wedding band.
- We made our giveaways, by combining a glass bowl and candle, picked up everything locally from commercial street, striked a deal with the person who created our invites to print the thank you cards for free as per our theme, worked out much cheaper, Though a lot of time went in personally creating the same, But, it was so worth it. (I shall share those pictures shortly…. )
Same way, you can save a lot by giving sweets or something homemade. Keeping it simple is also pretty.
Hope this helps….. Happy Planning!